Thread: USB keyboard does not work

USB keyboard does not work

Hello,

I tried Kali 1.0.9 Live version and everything worked well. If I want to install it the USB keyboard does not work but the USB mouse is working. I changed the USB keyboard to PS/2 and everything went fine but if I change back to USB keyboard the problem come back. I tried the USB keyboard in different USB ports (USB2, USB3) without success. In the BIOS legacy USB is enabled and this keyboard is working from BIOS to Windows 7. Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem? I do not want to change to PS/2 keyboard.

My mobo is Asrock Z87 Extreme 4, Core i5-4670K, 2x4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 320GB, 500GB and 1TB HDDs. Keyboard is Gigabyte K8100 and the mouse is Razer Death Adder.

Sorry for my English.

Quote Originally Posted by Segmajom View Post
    Hello,

I tried Kali 1.0.9 Live version and everything worked well. If I want to install it the USB keyboard does not work but the USB mouse is working. I changed the USB keyboard to PS/2 and everything went fine but if I change back to USB keyboard the problem come back. I tried the USB keyboard in different USB ports (USB2, USB3) without success. In the BIOS legacy USB is enabled and this keyboard is working from BIOS to Windows 7. Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem? I do not want to change to PS/2 keyboard.

My mobo is Asrock Z87 Extreme 4, Core i5-4670K, 2x4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 320GB, 500GB and 1TB HDDs. Keyboard is Gigabyte K8100 and the mouse is Razer Death Adder.

Sorry for my English.
    Hi Segmajom,

No need to apologise for your English. It's arguably better than mine and I apparently speak it natively

Are you trying the USB keyboard in a USB 2.0 port? I have had issues with Kali when using a USB 3.0 port and the device worked in a USB 2.0.

That motherboard has USB 2.0 headers on motherboard, you may need to see if you have the jumpers running to your case and have a go with them.

As for the root hub, when in linux try the following:

lshw -short and hwinfo --short so we can see the chipset.

I don't know if you have two keyboards, if you do, connect both and run lsusb. That way we can see if it's detected at all.

Thank you for your reply. I found the solution, the keyboard start in gaming mode and I have to switch back to normal mode and now it is working in Kali. I am happy! https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1026527