Introduction

Well, hello and very welcome to my not at all important but still somehow urgent troubles to shoot at.

I dealt with the topics Debian and Kali and NVidia(!) 3 days total now and i will give some feedback about my experience.
Hopefully that will help some other on the same spots. Some of the qestions are not solved yet, tho...

Background

I downloaded the 64bit iso-file from the Kali-Homepage and tried to install it on a 500gb hdd following the official documentation.
It took over 20 hours (!) to clean the disc. This is not a pc from the early 90s.
After the formatting, installation failed. Turned out that the partitioning table that was created by the guided installation is not at all optimal. The installer could not copy the required files on the partition. The error.log showed 'Not enough space' message.
Obviously now that i have to do it manually i will split my /home partition and give the swap a proper size.

Partitioning

In debian the partitiontable looks a bit different to what i was used to.
  1. Primary Ext4 /boot 200MB
  2. Logical Ext4 / 20GB
  3. * Swap 4GB
  4. * Ext4 /home 475GB

Installation is very fast and the system booted.

Unfortunately, the Nautilus is only showing one partition called 'Filesystem' that is mounted. Where is my /home-partition?

It exists (obv) and contains the Lost&Found Folder.
I tried to fix that a bit.. Not for long tho, after i created a second user account the system did not boot up again. Seemed like something was wrong with the /home partition..

Now, after a second clean install i still have the same issue mounting the partition.

The begging try of $ ~ mount /dev/sda6 /home gave me the following output:

mount: /dev/sda6 already mounted or /home busy
mount: according to mtab, /dev/sda6 is already mounted on /home

So i created a directory /media/sda6 and tried again to $ ~ mount /dev/sda6 /media/sda6/
No output, no visible results.

Still, i can reach /home when i type it in the adressbar.
As long as i find a workaround i am fine. So i focused on the video drivers for now...

.... i will continue from that spot ... i need a break..and a reboot...after that i will go on with the NVidia story