Thread: Video Information

Lightbulb Video Information

Is there a kali program that could strip information from a video file, i'm interested in whats actually stored within it. Sure theres size, format, structure ect. Would there be any personal information stored, knowing how sneaky corporations and developers can be, could it vary depending on the program used to create it. Gathering intel on users is key for there business success, just a thought i had when browsing youtube videos.
    For example, if an every day user uploads a video say to youtube, and then some other person downloads the you tube video, what information if any is stored within the video file that the downloader could gain from the origanal source uploader. Think i'm explaining myself in circles here.

Reading about EXIFTool which apparently removes personal information and properties from photos.
    Seems its already included in Kali, and just cd to the folder the photos are, in terminal. And then just, exiftool -all= *.jpg .
    Seems to clean the info and create a backup of the origanal photo. Would be nice to see what info it removes though.

Seems EXIFTool might be the answer to my origanal question, google was my friend, exiftool video.mp4 in terminal solved it.