Thread: Troubleshooting iptables...day 2

Troubleshooting iptables...day 2

Hello everyone. Any help would be appreciated as this is day 2 of me banging my head against the wall trying to troubleshoot. I have a cubox-i pro. Installed kali ARM no problem, boots just fine, everything ok...

iptables is installed

iptables -h shows the help usage

iptables -V shows the version

I do an iptables -L and get "FATAL: Module ip_tables not found." "iptables v1.4.14: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)" "Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded."
    modprobe ip_tables
    "Error: Module ip_tables not found"
    modprobe iptables
    "Error: Module iptables not found"
    insmod ip_tables
    "Error: could not load module ip_tables: No such file or directory"

etc etc....

ive done an apt-get purge iptables and reinstalled it
    I have followed about 50 google posts that say that iptables is probably not compiled correctly

I have downloaded iptables and compiled from source...the ./configure works...the make and make install fails (probably has something to do with ARM)

I have looked at the kernel config and what should be there for iptables is not there, I have tried a few steps to rebuild the kernel but I get errors there as well.

I would not be posting here but its my last resort. This project is for work. It is 95% complete, the only thing not working is iptables at this point. Any help???

uname -r

ARM
    armv71

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_sauce View Post
    Hello everyone. Any help would be appreciated as this is day 2 of me banging my head against the wall trying to troubleshoot. I have a cubox-i pro. Installed kali ARM no problem, boots just fine, everything ok...

iptables is installed

iptables -h shows the help usage

iptables -V shows the version

I do an iptables -L and get "FATAL: Module ip_tables not found." "iptables v1.4.14: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)" "Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded."
    modprobe ip_tables
    "Error: Module ip_tables not found"
    modprobe iptables
    "Error: Module iptables not found"
    insmod ip_tables
    "Error: could not load module ip_tables: No such file or directory"

etc etc....

ive done an apt-get purge iptables and reinstalled it
    I have followed about 50 google posts that say that iptables is probably not compiled correctly

I have downloaded iptables and compiled from source...the ./configure works...the make and make install fails (probably has something to do with ARM)

I have looked at the kernel config and what should be there for iptables is not there, I have tried a few steps to rebuild the kernel but I get errors there as well.

I would not be posting here but its my last resort. This project is for work. It is 95% complete, the only thing not working is iptables at this point. Any help???

uname -r

ARM
    armv71

This definitely sounds like I missed some things in the kernel config. If you could open a bug in the bugtracker for it, that would be great. I'm working on the image script and kernel config currently, so next release should see this fixed. If you want to PM me your email address, I can shoot you a link for an image to test once I generate one.