Thread: Raspberry pi B+ with Adafruit 2.8in TFT

Raspberry pi B+ with Adafruit 2.8in TFT

Hello all!

I'm trying to install kali on my raspberry pi to work with the adafruit 2.8in tft touch screen. Unfortunately adafruit doesn't support using any other linux boot then raspbian. They say kali or any other linux boot will work but the kernel for the screen needs to be patched and compiled. I'm new to linux and now a bit over my head.

I've searched the forums, on this site and many others, to try and some answers. The best I could find is this:

http://adafruit.com/forums/viewtopic...57618&start=15

"The kernel module source code is on github
    https://github.com/adafruit/adafruit-raspberrypi-linux
    and we have .deb files that can be extracted and 'manually installed' onto other Linuxes
    However, we dont have a tutorial for anything but raspbian - other OS's will work but the kernel needs to be patched and compiled. Right now we are focussing on the official open source operating system for Raspberry Pi"

Everything seems to be spelled out pretty well as to what needs to happen, just not how to do it.

If anyone knows how to do this or possibly has links to where I can read up and learn how to do this that would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance!

This shouldn't be too hard to generate, it looks like all it needs is a patch for our existing build, probably a 2 line change to https://github.com/offensive-securit.../master/rpi.sh
    I'll give it a spin and link an image for you to test once it's ready in this thread.

Of course, nothing is ever *that* simple. Looks like their kernel patches do not apply cleanly at all to our kernel. We'll keep you posted if something interesting comes out of it.

Haha it really never is. Anything i can do to help the process?

OK! I'm happy to announce that we've built a Raspberry Pi image with TFT support. Read more about it here https://www.offensive-security.com/k...pi-tft-support

Thanks a lot for the TFTimage !
    I only had to change the screen name in adafruit.conf to adafruit22a for my screen and almost everything booted succesfully but i have 2 questions.

For some reason my network cards (rt8187l) give problems while it didn't on other kali installations.
    I need to kill wpa_supplicant and use wash -C otherwise it won't run properly and reaver wel... "mon0 entered/left promiscuous mode" etc after every pin wich makes even more fragile and time consuming.
    Also a lot of times i get this: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready.
    i tried powering the nic with an external battery but it doesn't look like power is the issue so it seems to me it's just a magic error wich i can't solve.
    (especially on a 2.2" screen)
    I can use wash & reaver but it isn't great with all these errors, is this a common problem ?

The only diffrence is that i installed libpcap-dev libsqlite3-dev & reaver manually instead of running it out of the box.
    (since this image doesn't have reaver installed by default)

I believe it has something to de with the wpa_supplicant being modified by reaver am i looking in the right direction ?

(i read this line on the reaver page that's why i ask.: The following files have been taken from wpa_supplicant. Some have been modified from their original sources)

Anyway, thank you for spending time to make this image it really saved me a lot of time and headaces.

I have a WaveShare 3.5inch RPi LCD (A) that I am trying to get it to work with this image. I have the image provided by WaveShare that works with the LCD screen but I dont know what do I have to do to get it to work on this Kali image. I have followed instructions I found in many places but none has made it work.