Quote Originally Posted by aemaeth2501 View Post
Hi,

Unfortunately I got no more time since I have to prepare a certification exam (beside my actual job work).
Though, I can give you my methodology.

DISCLAIMER: I know that this seems tedious, I might not have used the best methodology, and using excel and such might seem lame but it does work

Refer to the excel file in attachment :printable_ascii.zip
- Compile the SDL source code, with SDL2.0 or later
- Open the Excel file
- The column SymbolUS indicates which character you have to type in the SDL executable windows
- It will output a scancode value that you should enter in the "Returned scancode" field
- If a modifier key is required (Shift, Alt or other), indicate it in the "Modifier Needed" column (keep the formatting and case)

From there, the "Scancode FR" and "New dict" column will be automatically calculated. Beware : I only implemented the Shift and AltGr modifier (the latter will return a void scancode since I did not already find the modifier code).

Once done, copy the content of the "New dict" column and add the following to the keyseed.py (replace XX by the layout identifier)
dict_XX = {
(Content of the "New dict column", with the latest comma removed)
}

Add the following line in findinlist method:
Code:
        elif locale=="XX" : print '''echo -ne "''' +dict_XX[byte]+ '''" > /dev/hidg0'''
And If needed, add the following line in the win7cmd_elevated method (the "X" should be raplaced by the input key in US format used to confirm execution)
Code:
elif locale=="XX" : print '''echo --left-alt X | hid-keyboard /dev/hidg0 keyboard'''
For the moment, I only changed the win7cmd_elevated method, but same treatment will be applied to the other ones.

To test the overall, you need to change the keyseed.py (remove the local argument from methods, force the locale value to be the one you want to test) and you can use the following file (output on the computer should be the same as input).hid-cmd.conf.zip
I've added Swedish to keyseed.py according to your instructions and made a pull request on github to the development branch. Here's the excel document with the Swedish scancodes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help out with
Best Regards,
Si