Thread: Booting Problems

Booting Problems

Heya,
    So I'm trying to dual boot Kali Linux on my iMac (mid 2010) and I've partitioned the drive and done all the pre-installation procedures.
    My problems starts when I reboot my computer (with my Kali disk in). It boots up to the menu with options to Install Kali or boot up the live version.
    When I go through the installation procedure, Kali does not carry out key exchange with my router, meaning I have to install kali without a live mirror. When my installation is complete (and the Kali tells me to reboot without the disk in) I reboot the computer and I try to boot Kali (with rEFInd), but my screen turns black and a line of text appears at the top saying "No bootable device found - insert bootable device". So I reboot again but this time with the disk in and I go back to the same Menu from when I started.
    Next, I try to start Kali Live and I start seeing the process texts (which is normal i think) until it reaches around 65% of the processed in order to start 'Live' when the screen just turns black and my disk stops spinning in my CD Drive. My keyboard and mouse dont work at this point and after 30 mins I reboot because I realise that nothing is going to happen.

I realise this is a really long post but I don't know whats wrong with the installation and I need to run some tests with my server and WIFI.
    Sorry for the long post.
    Tarado
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 2014-10-06 at 08:12. Reason: Foul Lang