Thread: Kali 1.0.9 wont start in Virtualbox

Angry Kali 1.0.9 wont start in Virtualbox

I have an HP Pavilion g6 with Ubuntu 14.04 as the host OS. I installed Virtualbox ver.4.3.16 and installed Kali 1.0.9 on VB. Everything seemed to go smoothly with the install except that Kali will not start. I get the following message after the system attempts to start.

"Oh no! Something has gone wrong. A problem has occurred and the system can't recover. Please contact a system administrator."[/B]

I contacted the system administrator (me) and he doesn't have a clue as to what to do next.

I enabled virtualization in the BIOS and checked the Enable PAE/NX box in the system setup. I also installed Linux Mint 17 with no problems. I tried the Kali install 3 times with the same result.

I'd appreciate any guidance anyone can offer.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ponga163 View Post
    I have an HP Pavilion g6 with Ubuntu 14.04 as the host OS. I installed Virtualbox ver.4.3.16 and installed Kali 1.0.9 on VB. Everything seemed to go smoothly with the install except that Kali will not start. I get the following message after the system attempts to start.

"Oh no! Something has gone wrong. A problem has occurred and the system can't recover. Please contact a system administrator."[/B]

I contacted the system administrator (me) and he doesn't have a clue as to what to do next.

I enabled virtualization in the BIOS and checked the Enable PAE/NX box in the system setup. I also installed Linux Mint 17 with no problems. I tried the Kali install 3 times with the same result.

I'd appreciate any guidance anyone can offer.
    I can help you. Do a re-install but do not accept only 8GB. Increase to 20GB in this install. Mine worked after I increased it to 20GB.
    Kensi

Do a re-install but do not accept 8GB. Increase the drive to 20GB and it should work. Mine did after I installed it.
    Kensi

Instead of accepting the default drive of 8GB. Increase to 20GB. It will work fine. I did the same thing you did. It will start in virtual box.