Ok so, it's been a long ride to get this far but I'm trying to boot kali linux on my chromebook, and as you all probably know this can be quite a b****. I'm following a guide that's doing this:

Code:
Don't Panic!  It's not as hard as it looks!

Everything must be performed as root and scripts are hard-coded to use /dev/sdb which, on the C7, is the first drive detected on USB.

1. Extract the contents of this archive on Debian or Ubuntu.  If you have ChrUbuntu (Ubuntu + CrOS utilities) available, all steps (except # 10) can b
e performed from it.

2. Use the 'Disk Utility' to format your media with an MBR-style partition table to wipe out any existing GPT data.

3. Install gdiskdump.deb in some manner (included).

4. Use gdiskdump to write the GZipped image to your media.

5. On your Chromebook, run "fix-gpt.sh" to recreate the GPTs.

6. Now, verify that your media is bootable on your chromebook.  It contains the Ubuntu Core 13.04 root filesystem for this reason.  Log in as root and
 then enter "reboot" at the command line prompt.

7. Back in Deb/Ubu, use gparted to resize (expand or grow) partition #7 to fill your media.

8. On your Chromebook, run "fix-boot.sh" to restore the media's bootable status.  This seems to be required any time gparted modifies a disk.  

9. Test that the media is bootable again (step 6).  Then, use Deb/Ubu to re-format partition #7 as Ext4.  

10. This media can now be used to install a distro (root filesystem) on partition #7.  Either install the bootloader on partition #7 or do not install
 a bootloader.

11. On your Chromebook, run "fix-boot.sh" again.  Then, add the ChromeOS kernel modules (drivers) to the root filesystem from the "Extract Contents ..
." archive.  

12. Reboot your Chromebook and test your chosen distro!
just for some reference,

fix-gpt.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sudo cgpt create /dev/sdb
sudo cgpt add /dev/sdb -i 6 -b 34 -s 32768 -t kernel -l KERN-C -P 1 -S 1
sudo cgpt add /dev/sdb -i 7 -b 33802 -s 467924 -t rootfs -l ROOT-C
sudo sync
sudo cgpt show /dev/sdb
fix-boot.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sudo cgpt add /dev/sdb -i 6 -P 1 -S 1
sudo cgpt add /dev/sdb -i 7 -t rootfs
sudo sync
I went through this with an arch laptop, using dd instead of gdiskdump and a few other workarounds, long story short, i got ubuntu booting on the chromebook, but when I replaced ubuntu with kali linux I get this:

... couldn't get stupid picture uploaded here so I put it on my site, see here:http://forums.uimodify.com/kali.jpg

I was looking into passing init to kernel, and looked at grub.cfg where it was installed on sdb7 and the initrd file is there and initrd= line is present.. only thing that irked me was that the graphical installer took upon itself to probe my hdd and add lines to the grub.cfg that were not necessary because it's supposed to be a portable install. I get it, it's supposed to be helpful in a normal situation. This is a very not normal situation. Is there any thing I could read up on about how kali does this, line by line so i could just repair the grub installation some how? or even some way to just uninstall the boot-loader from the installation without having to re-install entirely? I literally had to let it sit all night installing. I don't really want to have to wait that long on it again. Worst case scenario I suppose i could just re-install but I need a way to cancel out of the boot-loader install portion of the graphical install or I need a guide on how to install manually. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!