Thread: Tutorial : make proxmark3 works with nethunter

Tutorial : make proxmark3 works with nethunter

Hi, guys for some of you who also interested in NFC hacking must wonder whether radio sniffer device like proxmark3 can be used on nexus.

The good news is, it is possible to use proxmark3 directly connected to nexus (no matter 5 or 7) and operate on terminal (NOT chroot of kali linux!!).

Here are steps:

1. update the firmware of proxmark3 to current firmware (for me is bin-848)
    2. download the current proxdroid (for me is proxdroid-bin-848) from https://www.sendspace.com/file/xoev75
    3. copy /system/bin/proxmark3 from download proxdroid to the nexus Android's /system/bin directory and change the permission to [rwxr-xr-x]
    4. copy /system/lib/libreadline.so and /system/lib/libtermcap.so from download proxdroid to the nexus Android's /system/lib directy and change the permission to [rw-r--r--]
    5. enter ls /dev/ttyACM* in the terminal of nexus the feedback is the port of proxmark
    6. start proxmark3 form nexus terminal: type proxmark3 /dev/ttyACM? in terminal (from system/bin directory!! NOT chroot from kali linux)
    //"?" is proxmark3 port number

Now you can enjoy your NFC war anywhere!

Thanks for the good write up. Very interesting device and I'm glad it's working for you.

Thanks for posting this! It worked perfectly.