Thread: Nexus 9 Support?

Nexus 9 Support?

Are there plans to put Nethunter onto the Nexus 9 when it comes out?

Yes, as well as Nexus 6 devices.

Fantastic. I was worried about getting the Nexus 6 when it came out; however, now I cant wait. Is it going to be able to be used as soon as it gets released?

Hey! Are there any updates regarding NetHunter for the Nexus 9? I'd love to give it a shot if there's a beta image floating around, and I'm pretty comfortable with Android development.

Thanks!

The Nexus 9 is building but external wireless is not working at the moment.

Hi.. if you would like to make a guess.. how long do you think it will take until there is a working Nexus 6/9 build.. in 1-2 months or so?.. I was just wondering since I am about buying a new device in the near future and the Nexus 6 looks like a kind of a sweet spot

Nexus 6 kernel and Nexus 9 kernels are working at the moment. Only issue so far with Nexus 9 (kernel wise) is that Atheros external wifi drivers don't want to compile with kernel.

There are other issues with lollipop though that make it more difficult. Mana-toolkit needs to be fixed and there is development of nethunter-app. It's all coming along. Nexus 6 and 9 are wonderful devices you can't go wrong with either.

Quote Originally Posted by binkybear View Post
    Nexus 6 kernel and Nexus 9 kernels are working at the moment. Only issue so far with Nexus 9 (kernel wise) is that Atheros external wifi drivers don't want to compile with kernel.

There are other issues with lollipop though that make it more difficult. Mana-toolkit needs to be fixed and there is development of nethunter-app. It's all coming along. Nexus 6 and 9 are wonderful devices you can't go wrong with either.
    Hi all
    Thank you @binkybear for this information you can tell n6 when support will be offered
    Last edited by maynax; 2015-01-30 at 18:34.

Hi all
    Thank you @binkybear for this information you can tell n6 when support will be offered
    Last edited by maynax; 2015-01-30 at 18:38.

Hello,

i have a Nexus 9 and want to try/test Nethunter.
    Can you help me te setup my system i have try the Nexus 10 version but thinks are not working.(its rooted)
    Can i install it from al special file? or can i download beta versions?

Please help me.
    Eleanor

There will be a Nexus 9 version soon. But if you want to test you would have to build from: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter/

does this mean the NVIDIA Shield Tablet will be supported as well since they(Nexus 9 and NVIDIA Shield Tablet) are both NVIDIA K1 Chips

NetHunter v1.2 has just been released!
    Android Lollipop and Nexus 6/9 support.
    More information: https://www.offensive-security.com/k...llipop-nexus6/.
    This is a Kali-Linux support forum - not general IT/infosec help.

Useful Commands: OS, Networking, Hardware, Wi-Fi
    Troubleshooting: Kali-Linux Installation, Repository, Wi-Fi Cards (Official Docs)
    Hardware: Recommended 802.11 Wireless Cards

Documentation: http://docs.kali.org/ (Offline PDF version)
    Bugs Reporting & Tool Requests: https://bugs.kali.org/
    Kali Tool List, Versions & Man Pages: https://tools.kali.org/

Quote Originally Posted by g0tmi1k View Post
    NetHunter v1.2 has just been released!
    Android Lollipop and Nexus 6/9 support.
    More information: https://www.offensive-security.com/k...llipop-nexus6/.
    Hi,

Thank you the hard work, this is definitely a step into the right direction. Only issue so far I read is that the atheros chipset drivers don't work yet. Sadly, the only USB wifi adapter I have is atheros based. Any idea on another good usb adapter that supports injection/monitoring with another chipset?

Best regards

yannickwe - I have a kernel now that is working with atheros support (n9). You can wait for next small update or I can post a link if you are comfortable with testing/flashing new kernels.

yannickwe - I have a kernel now that is working with atheros support (n9). You can wait for next small update or I can post a link if you are comfortable with testing/flashing new kernels.
    Hi Binkybear, that link would be awesome .

Best regards!

Thanks! Will try it out!