Ok, so for my Linux Class I am supposed to have Kali installed by Monday, and I am as lost as could be right now, at what I'm possibly doing wrong...

So first I've checked quite a few forums, but none of them have fixed the issues I'm having with this install (I've been managing to scrape by in class with a USB until yesterday, and everything on the Live USB worked great)

So here's whats going on:
I downloaded Kali Linux 32bit .iso directly from Kali's website
Installed a live USB using Universal USB Installer with Kali Distro
Used the live as long as I could
Did a complete erase of the USB
Reinstalled again

Today:
First went through the install, over my work's public wifi <open> (it's super fast) and initially didn't get any errors with DHCP
Once I got to the Mirrors everything went to ****, none of the Mirrors worked, and I read on the forum that it might be because of the DHCP
So I reconfigured the network settings as it said and got the Error "Network Autoconfig. Failed... Not using DHCP Protocol"
Went home, erased and reinstalled again
Tried with wifi on Wlan0, Same Error
Hooked Up Ethernet and tried, Same Error

So Now I'm not really sure what to do...
And I'm still kind of new at this, and have only been in this linux class for about 2 weeks now so please bear with me.. lol

I've seen some other vague responses on other Linux forums about going into terminal and setting up network connections, but I'm slightly confused there as well, to whether I go through with the install without the DHCP and Mirror downloads, If I can find all this out from the live USB again, or if I need to go into shell during the install.. Anything you guys may know would really help! Thanks!!

Oh and If it matters, I'm running a Toshiba NB305
intel Atom
250HD
2GB Ram
Windows 7 partition