Thread: OTG Support

OTG Support

I just installed Nethunter on my Nexus 5 and am having trouble getting any OTG device recognized. I've checked the cable with my USB thumb drive and TL-WN722N card on my old Galaxy Note running Cyanogenmod 10.1 and the cable checks out fine. When I transfer it back to my Nexus, i get nada. Is there a checkbox I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks in advance

-Geoff

Nope, OTG cables should work out of the box. Perhaps there's something wrong with the cable itself, or your USB connection.

Cables are good, but to add more mystery to the issue, the card gets seen only after I open Wifite. Before I do that I only have wlan0 p2p0 and lo as adapters. When I open Wifite, the TPLINK card is accessible and works just fine. Is my device haunted?

Little app in play store called OTG Troubleshooter i found useful as a visual aid of whats going on.

Depends on the ROM you're using. What ROM is on the Nexus 5?

OH! You do need an OTG-Y cable that supplies power for it to work! Check Amazon, you'll see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by skycrazy View Post
    Little app in play store called OTG Troubleshooter i found useful as a visual aid of whats going on.
    OTG Troubleshooter will see the cable and says my USB thumb drive should be working with no problems. It doesn't see the TPLINK card unless I load Wifite for some reason still. I'm running the stock Nexus 5 ROM.