Thread: Router MAC changes upon connection

Router MAC changes upon connection

I don't know if this is a normal occurence or not but I had no luck googling this...right now I'm experimenting with Arpspoofing/Ettercap/SSLstrip with the "target" machine running win 7, and my router set to OPEN...Now when I first run my scans, my router MAC shows as **:**:**:**:**:39....at this time im in monitor mode and running airodump, my network manager also lists this mac. So I connect and the output of wireshark, ettercap, network-manager, nmap all tell me that the mac is **:**:**:**:**:37. Can anybody tell me what this is about? I'm pretty sure it's just another one of those brain-dead moments I have. Thanks!

You say you connect. Can you confirm you mean your routers' mac address or the address of your wireless device connecting to the router. Remember when network-manager connects it overrides any mac spoofing done thru the terminal windows and changes the mac to either the device mac adddress or the mac spoofed address in the network-manager drop down menu. No sure this is of any help though?

MTC