Thread: Kali Launcher fail in to CM11

Question Kali Launcher fail in to CM11

When install cm11, furnace-caf-kernel, busybox 1.22.1(because is necessary for resize command), and kali-armhf(rootfs), allow su permissions for kali launcher, and press "Launch Kali Shell in Terminal" the console prompt shows:

u0_a64@hammerhead:/ $ 0;60R

and don't give chroot kali shell, therefore don't works Nethunter Web Panel attacks. This only applies in CM11 but not happen in AOSP. Why? What's happens, please?

P.D.: In order to compile sucessfully furnace_caf_kernel is necessary change CONFIG_USB_OTG=y to CONFIG_USB_OTG=n in kali_defconfig file.

Thanks in advanced
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by discipuloosho; 2014-11-01 at 12:29.

This problem is due to cm11 /system/etc/mkshrc file, but I can not chroot when I press the "Launch kali Shell in Terminal" button, but i don't give me "0;60R" error because i have changed cm11 mkshrc file to aosp mkshrc file.
    Last edited by discipuloosho; 2014-11-01 at 17:16.

Kali Launcher buttons doesn't works in CM11. I do not get to find out, sorry. :'(

Big issue is probably the fact that NetHunter doesn't support CyanogenMod, or any ROM based off of it. Only AOSP based ROMs are supported. ROMS like Paranoid Android, OmniROM, Stock, and PacROM are examples of good ROMs to use.

Quote Originally Posted by photonicgeek View Post
    Big issue is probably the fact that NetHunter doesn't support CyanogenMod, or any ROM based off of it. Only AOSP based ROMs are supported. ROMS like Paranoid Android, OmniROM, Stock, and PacROM are examples of good ROMs to use.
    The binkybear furnace-caf-kernel is for cyanogenmod ROM. Only problem is the button for kali chroot shell. Just have to fix that problem.

Hey folks,

Sorry for late reply but this is actually an issue with the Terminal app and not the kernel. See my github issue here:

https://github.com/jackpal/Android-T...tor/issues/353

The problem is: /system/xbin/resize

You can remove that file safely and it will work (the launcher). You can either remove it in TWRP (mount system & use file manager) or do it in adb (remount system & erase resize).

Let me know if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by binkybear View Post
    Hey folks,

Sorry for late reply but this is actually an issue with the Terminal app and not the kernel. See my github issue here:

https://github.com/jackpal/Android-T...tor/issues/353

The problem is: /system/xbin/resize

You can remove that file safely and it will work (the launcher). You can either remove it in TWRP (mount system & use file manager) or do it in adb (remount system & erase resize).

Let me know if that helps.
    Binkybear, if remove /system/xbin/resize file I get su terminal, but not end in the chroot shell, stays in su android shell.. sorry my english, please

i have a similar problem with nethunter launcher but is not related to resize issue .
    Anyway , to get around that temporarly what it must be done to get kaliboot running is :
    -open terminal
    - su root
    -bootkali

to get the menu :
    - su root
    -bootkali
    -kalimenu
    Last edited by pedropt; 2015-03-14 at 09:42.