Thread: Novice in need of some help/advice about a new installation

Novice in need of some help/advice about a new installation

Hello!

I'm new to these forums, and I'm rather new to Linux. Or well, I've used Linux for work back and forth for about 10 years. But I never understood much of its core.

Anyway. I've purchased a 120GB SSD drive on which I want to run (to begin with) one installation of Ubuntu and one of Kali. I intend to install maybe 2 more distributions as I want to experiment and check out differences in my quest for learning. What I would like to ask is how to best partition the disk? Should I start by installing Ubuntu, seeing it's installation scripts are better devised for noobs such as myself? I currently have Win7 on my main 120GB SSD. I also have a 2TB storage on which I currently have a 500GB ext4 partition and an Ubuntu installation.

What I would like to ask for is some advise on how to best go about this to also be prepared for more Linux installations on the same disk. How to partition and any things I should consider, as well as any tricks of the trade so to speak.

I appreciate any help or advice. Thank you!

Try using VMware Workstation. I am using it for Kali, Metaploit, Ubuntu and Windows 8.1. It assist in partitioning and setting up the installation.

Thank you for the advice