Thread: Kali on Asus X99 montherboard with G-Force Ti 750, how do I install correct drivers

Kali on Asus X99 montherboard with G-Force Ti 750, how do I install correct drivers

I damaged my last install of Kali by adding repo's and not knowing what i was doing. So I think it's time to ask the experts. I have a new machine, very simple, has a Haswell-5820, Asus X99 Deluxe motherboard, 16gb DDR4, G-force Ti 750 and one Sata drive. When I tried the driver package install, (I think I dprk -i) it did install, was able to open NVIDIA gui but it said to run some configure thing that alters the X11 xorg.conf file. When I restarted all I had was a blank screen and I think I apt-get installed xorg again to get it working, can't remember actually. I also tried the blacklist nouveau thing etc... but it seems like the Nvidia driving was working, but maybe not configured somewhere correctly as I could only get a blank screen unless I when into kali/recovery and played around with the X11 stuff. anyhow,

I was able to install Kali, but then made a mess trying to get drivers working. The motherboard has a number of build in devices etc... and I have been slowly learning how to use lspci/usb modprobe etc... but I am at a basic level when it comes to this.

The most important thing is getting my video card working, is this article the correct method to install my drivers ? (if not what do you recommend?)
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/42514...t-beta-drivers

Is this the correct package
    http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/79413/en-us

I did a lspci |grep NVIDIA and got
    02:00.1 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM107 [Geforce GTX 750 Ti] (rev a2)
    02:00.1 Audio device NVIDIA Corporation Device 0fbc (rev a1)

and also for the wireless

lspci |grep Net and got
    09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I211 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
    0a:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 03)

Hi,

Just wondering if you could inform me how you managed to get Kali working on the X99? I am having issues with it, I have two SSD's, one Win and one Kali, for some reason the BIOS never picks up the Kali SSD. I have tried clearing secure keys and changing to 'other OS' in CSM support.

Thanks