Thread: Fake AP / Man In The Mirror

Fake AP / Man In The Mirror

I have done enough testing of getting my own wifi password. I done it in every way I can think of at this point. Now I would like to move on with further pentesting. Following normal logic I would think the next couple steps would be info gathering of my network. So packet sniffing and nmap are my next stops. Since I have only my computer and then one other machine on my network there isnt alot of traffic and I have been able to do all I can with now. Now I want to look into fake AP or Man In The Middle attacks. Im looking for either some good how to videos or some documentation in how to go about doing that.

Since my comps are alway fully patched Im not seeing much in metasploit so Id like to stay away from metasploit if possible.

You can setup MITM with ettercap, you can use PwnStar9(download links for latest by Vulpi in this forum) for rogue AP. For MITM we prefer Cain using XP due to the ease of operation. Other rogueAPs can be made with easy-creds.
    If you show interest in dual boot XP/kali-linux we will help. We cannot help you with ettercap or easy-creds. We do not use Window 7 due to mac-spoofing problems. We know nothing about Window 8.

MTeams
    Last edited by mmusket33; 2014-11-14 at 23:46.

Thank you for the reply and the offer for help. If i wasnt doing all this to better support the clients for my company I would deff set that up. Unfortunatly our clients are doc offices and due to HIPAA they have to use Win 7 with latest win updates.

Well you can always run kali from a usb device. You could dual boot Win7 and XP.

Mteams