Thread: How to run TOR with ICEWEASEL+CHROME on kali linux Kde

How to run TOR with ICEWEASEL+CHROME on kali linux Kde

• Step 1:sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install vidalia tor tor-geoipdb polipo

or

• Step 1 deb http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org<DISTRIBUTION>. main
    gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv 886DDD89
    gpg --export A3C4F0F979CAA22CDBA8F512EE8CBC9E886DDD89 | sudo apt-key add -
    apt-get update
    apt-get install deb.torproject.org-keyring
    apt-get install tor
    tuturial posted by super_cat ,thks super_caty!!!

Start tor, with /etc/init.d/tor start and grab a copy of polito config file from https://gitweb.torproject.org/torbro...ig/polipo.conf rename it to config and save it under /etc/polipo/config and restart polipo with : /etc/init.d/polipo restart.

• Step 2: Install Proxy Switchy! in your Chrome-browser or Elite proxy switcher for Iceweasel-browser.

****Google Chrome*****
    • Step 3 for Crhome: Open proxy switcy settings and greate a new profile and name it "Tor" (or which name you want but remember it). Make the http proxy "127.0.0.1" and the port "8118". then check the box "Use the same proxy server for all protocols". Hit "Save" at the bottom.
    • Step 4: Go to the "general" tab in the options and Check the box "Quick switch " then select "binary switch." Make Profile 1 "[direct connection]" and Profile 2" "Tor" (or which name you gave your profile before). Click Save.

*****Iceweasel*****
    • Step 3 for Iceweasel: go under tools-addons-preferences and open up connection settings and check manual proxy configuration , up the http 127.0.0.1 and port 8118 and under socks host the same and hit Ok.
    • Step 4 Now open upen up system settings and hit Network settings hit Proxy and check USE MANUALY SPESIFIED CONFIGURATION up http 127.0.0.1 and port 8118 then check the box "Use the same proxy server for all protocols". Hit "Save" at the bottom!!.and you are ready !!!

• Step 5: Switch between normal connection and TOR connection with your button!
    Last edited by Nik@S_DaRk; 2013-05-25 at 10:07.

Thanks, its just what I was looking for.
    Jean-Francois

Thank you Nik@S_DaRk!

I have a follow up question, maybe you can help here too

As they advice on the Tor website I like to get the latest stable version. What I have to do before installing tor & vidalia is follow option two like this...

Then add this line to your /etc/apt/sources.list file:

where you put the codename of your distribution (i.e. lenny, sid, maverick or whatever it is) in place of <DISTRIBUTION>.

Then add the gpg key used to sign the packages by running the following commands at your command prompt:

Code:
    gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv 886DDD89
    gpg --export A3C4F0F979CAA22CDBA8F512EE8CBC9E886DDD89 | sudo apt-key add -
    Now refresh your sources, running the following command (as root) at your command prompt:

Code:
    apt-get update
    If there are no errors you're good to continue.

We provide a Debian package to help you keep our signing key current. It is recommended you use it. Install it using

Code:
    apt-get install deb.torproject.org-keyring
    To finally install Tor just run:

Code:
    apt-get install tor
    Now Tor is installed and running. Move on to step two of the "Tor on Linux/Unix" instructions.
    ...right?

Quote Originally Posted by super_cat View Post
    Thank you Nik@S_DaRk!

I have a follow up question, maybe you can help here too

As they advice on the Tor website I like to get the latest stable version. What I have to do before installing tor & vidalia is follow option two like this...

...right?
    yes !!!!right!!!if you wnt only to install tor!!

I did a video tutorial today on my youtube channel /user/NetSecNow on using ToR with proxychains to do everything from web browsing to nmap scans, etc.
    Check out my Youtube Channel! Search NetSecNow
    Check out my Facebook! - Search NetSecNow
    Check out my Blog! learnetsec@blogspot

Like and Subscribe! New videos every week!

im getting this error 504 Connect i can't open any pag....How do i fix this? thx for the post btw.

Tor use port 9050 as socks5 not 8118 ,

changed to port 9050 and still the same nothing i cant open any pag....

Quote Originally Posted by Nik@S_DaRk View Post
    yes !!!!right!!!if you wnt only to install tor!!
    tuturial posted by super_cat ,thks super_caty!!!
    Cheers Nik@S_DaRk!

Just a quick sidenote for the sake of a how-do-*you*-do-it exchange^^
    I usually stay with the browser that comes with Vidalia. As all data is connected and collected, I'm harder to track if I blend in with the crowd. For a more convenient use of the included Firefox I have tor related bookmarks in a textfile which I store encrypted, not in the browser. I just install plugins when I (really really) have to and I am very picky choosing them. I also divide my fields of interest on different sessions. For example, if I browse the hidden web and I am not sure what content I might get exposed to, I use a fresh download of Vidalia. If anything unusual has happend while using Tor, I get a new copy of it. If I want to look for topics that can be related to me (eg health, hardware, ...), I use a clean, new copy of Vidalia too. To be more random and for some cross checking, I use different connections to get my latest copy.

Funny story (and totally OT): I lost a forum passwd about a week ago, I then asked the NSA for it, in a draft, in my webmail, and they restored it for me - it took about 5 minutes.
    Don't worry, it's not a bug, it's a feature!

@r3d: What have you done so far? Which browser do you use? Have you ever been on Tor before?

You have to edit the options of your HTTP proxy script, polipo, privoxy, etc to forward 8118 to 9050.

The other way around this is to use ToR + Proxychains and issue proxychains iceweasel www.whatever.com
    Check out my Youtube Channel! Search NetSecNow
    Check out my Facebook! - Search NetSecNow
    Check out my Blog! learnetsec@blogspot

Like and Subscribe! New videos every week!

Just so all of you know, this is not the recommended way to use Tor for web browsing. Download the Tor Browser Bundle from torproject.org instead. Iceweasel and Chrome will still leak identifying data through a Polipo and Tor configuration. The browsers themselves need special configuration beyond changing a proxy port. Chrome can't even be made to work securely with Tor yet. The Tor Browser Bundle comes with a preconfigured/customized version of Firefox to minimize leak vectors (DNS, HTML5 canvas, etc.).

You only need to install the Tor package from the repositories if you are planning on doing something more advanced with it (such as running nmap through it with proxychains as Afterburn mentioned) than browsing the web.

CHeers super_cat !!!!!