Thread: Alfa awus036nha

Post Alfa awus036nha

Hi,

I am considering to buy the alfa AWUS036NHA NIC. I would like to use it in kali, and have allready seen some posts about it on this forum.
    I still have a few questions, that I would like to be answered about someone who owns the exactly same card l
    -Do you need to install any drivers in Kali to make the card work, or does it auto work when you just plug it in (with the default drivers)
    -Does the card work flawless with most aircrack operations (monitor mode, packet injection, grabbing traffic, deauthenticating client from a network)

Thanks in advance for the information. If possible, can you attach some printscreens of any aircrack operations with the AWUS036NHA to support your answer.

The AWUS036NHA has an atheros chipset which is supported in Kali, and also supports most of the attacks you mention, including AP mode.

I own it. It works perfectly out of the box. Also capable of switching country codes/maxing out TX/using channels 12 & 13 like most Alfa cards. My Network Manager & airmon-ng tell me that it has a Ralink RT2870/3870 tho, not Atheros...

Edit: Sorry, i was confusing it with my AWUS036NEH when i was talking about the chipset. My NHA is capable of everything you need, i've never been able to change the txpower on it for some reason tho. ]

I should've realized i was thinking of the wrong card when i saw that i was disagreeing with muts lol
    Last edited by kpoeticg; 2014-11-24 at 23:24.

i have nha and works fine so far.
    i made txpower 30 after reading this post:
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...er-Boost-Guide