Thread: Nvidia gerforce gt520m drivers install problems??

Nvidia gerforce gt520m drivers install problems??

i have having trouble installing drivers for 520m notebook i followed many tutorials and still no look help would be much appreciated i have tryed older and new drivers including the beta version and kali does not seem to reconize my graphics card the errors i get when install are
    below
    thank for the help S

WARNING: You do not appear to have an NVIDIA GPU supported by the 346.16
    NVIDIA Linux graphics driver installed in this system. For further
    details, please see the appendix SUPPORTED NVIDIA GRAPHICS CHIPS in
    the README available on the Linux driver download page at
    www.nvidia.com.

ERROR: You appear to be running an X server; please exit X before
    installing. For further details, please see the section INSTALLING
    THE NVIDIA DRIVER in the README available on the Linux driver
    download page at www.nvidia.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Savve View Post
    i have having trouble installing drivers for 520m notebook i followed many tutorials and still no look help would be much appreciated i have tryed older and new drivers including the beta version and kali does not seem to reconize my graphics card the errors i get when install are below thank for the help S

WARNING: You do not appear to have an NVIDIA GPU supported by the 346.16 NVIDIA Linux graphics driver installed in this system. For further details, please see the appendix SUPPORTED NVIDIA GRAPHICS CHIPS in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.

ERROR: You appear to be running an X server; please exit X before installing. For further details, please see the section INSTALLING THE NVIDIA DRIVER in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.
    The above error is from v346.16 driver. What was the error for an older driver? Also did you actually try to quit X-Window and install the driver like the error message directed? i.e. "ERROR: You appear to be running an X server; please exit X before installing. "

You can also find the supported drivers here in case you were looking somewhere else.