Thread: nl80211 not found.

nl80211 not found.

Hi guys,

I am trying to run Kali on a Raspberry Pi B+ and when I type 'iw list', I get the following error:
    Code:
    nl80211 not found.
    First I thought my Wifi USB stick was not compatible, so now I tried it with the following two models:
    EDIMAX EW-7811UN
    TP-Link TL-WN823N
    But I have the error at both on my Raspberry Pi. If I plugin these sticks in to my Mac and connect them via Virtual Box to a Kali System they're just working fine. So whats the difference on the ARM Kali and the x86 Kali for this driver? Is there any chance to get this running on the Pi Kali system? Are there any other Pi Linux distributions that work better with these wifi adapters?

Quote Originally Posted by peshay View Post
    Hi guys,

I am trying to run Kali on a Raspberry Pi B+ and when I type 'iw list', I get the following error:
    Code:
    nl80211 not found.
    First I thought my Wifi USB stick was not compatible, so now I tried it with the following two models:
    EDIMAX EW-7811UN
    TP-Link TL-WN823N
    But I have the error at both on my Raspberry Pi. If I plugin these sticks in to my Mac and connect them via Virtual Box to a Kali System they're just working fine. So whats the difference on the ARM Kali and the x86 Kali for this driver? Is there any chance to get this running on the Pi Kali system? Are there any other Pi Linux distributions that work better with these wifi adapters?

I may have just missed the nl80211 driver when I built the kernel. Could you please file a bug about it?