Thread: Having problems after installing Kali

Having problems after installing Kali

Im a noob to all this so please bare with me. I am trying to install Kali 1.0.9a amd64 on my system. After I get it installed, my system will boot up and right when I go to type in my user name my system will reboot. I am installing it with a usb thumb drive, and have used Win32DiskImager and Rufus and they both do the same thing after install. I have verified my copy of Kali and the checksums match. I have installed this exact same copy of Kali on an older system without any problems. Im thinking its a UFEI issue, seeing as how my older system doesnt have UFEI BIOS. The specs of the system Im trying to put it on are: Motherboard Msi FM2-A85XA-G65, CPU AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1GHz BE, RAM Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Could be an UEFI-problem, but since you can reach the login-screen and actually interact with it I think it's unlikely.

Can you live-boot Kali from the thumb drive? If so, mount the HDD and inspect the boot/kernel logs on it. They should contain some helpful information.

thanks for the help dhs. I tried to live-boot from the usb, but its doing the same thing. It will boot then Ill see the desk-top but the second I go to do anything it will reset.

can you disable EFI and swith back to an oldschool BIOS?

Hi there. I am new to forum and new to linux as well.
    I fallowed finids`s guide from here http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2013/03/24...-kali-linux/2/
    That is amassing guide and worked perfectly true proces of instalation.
    The problem is after when i try to log in into kali.
    I have no issues booting win7 and kali, bot loader are working fine. I am using lap top lenovo 50-30 and have instaled win 7 ultimate x64 in dual boot with kali 1.0.9a amd64.
    My bios is uefi, but i switched to legaci mode and put to boot lagaci first. Had some trouble to make live usb that vuld not be rejected by efi security rubbish and managet to make it with Linux live usb creator.Problem is when i boot into kali and successfully log in with my name and password than kali is completely frosen. I cant see nothing but background and my mouse (touch pad) and key board are frozen allso. Cant do nothing except to turn off the lap top on switch.
    I have used the same usb flash in live persistance mode and everithing worked fine, he see all my hardware and everithing is going smooth..
    I dont know where is the problem pls help me to fix that and use it normaly lyke in live mode.
    Ps. Sorry for my English its not my native and thx for any help i advance