Thread: Apache2 No permission to Access

Apache2 No permission to Access

Hi,
    I cannot access Apache server if I will access it remotely with internet browser.
    I tried to change apache2.conf in the "AccessFileName .htaccess" with some settings to allow access but still no avail.
    Same thing if I am going to use MANA start-noupstream.sh, I cannot connect to the apache server if I will access the rouge AP.

Please help for any special settings.

Thanks!

.htaccess, If I remember my webservers correctly, isn't what you want to modify. You want to modify the apache2.conf. Generally somewhere in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf, then reboot the tablet. This may or may not be correct, but maybe somebody else would know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by photonicgeek View Post
    .htaccess, If I remember my webservers correctly, isn't what you want to modify. You want to modify the apache2.conf. Generally somewhere in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf, then reboot the tablet. This may or may not be correct, but maybe somebody else would know for sure.
    Hi thanks for the reply, I have tried to edit apache2.conf in /etc/apache2.conf with the settings which will allow access for the index.html but still cannot. So when I will do setoolkit credential harvester I cannot access the webserver created and prompted forbidden 403. Even other application that requires this apache2 server except with the HID keyboard attack which the victim can remotely download the secondary payload in the apache web server. I hope somebody can advice the correct procedure about this. Thanks

I think you are confusing the Android apache service with the chrooted Kali Apache service. Changing the Android .htaccess is STRONGLY discouraged as it will make your Nethunter device vulnerable to code execution attacks from the external. Please take time to think about what you are doing and make sure you are making informed decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by muts View Post
    I think you are confusing the Android apache service with the chrooted Kali Apache service. Changing the Android .htaccess is STRONGLY discouraged as it will make your Nethunter device vulnerable to code execution attacks from the external. Please take time to think about what you are doing and make sure you are making informed decisions.
    Understood your point there muts, but any settings we can set to access generated index.html of setoolkit and mana-noupstream.sh in the apache service? as it seems I cannot access this generated index.html.
    Any suggestion?

Thanks

1) You will need to figure out how SET creates its web server instance, I am not familiar with this tool.
    2) mana-noupstream.sh can not be invoked through the web service as of now, you will need to do this via console.

Quote Originally Posted by muts View Post
    1) You will need to figure out how SET creates its web server instance, I am not familiar with this tool.
    2) mana-noupstream.sh can not be invoked through the web service as of now, you will need to do this via console.
    Hi muts Thanks for the reply.
    The new set is now creates its own clone or custom index.html and save it in the /var/www and start the apache2 not like before.

And for mana I understand and shall wait for the mana-noupstream update with kali nethunter.

Thanks

I got another solution that will not affect apache2.conf settings and managed to get custom index.html created by SET and other tools like mana-noupstream.sh to be accessed.

Once the index.html is created I just go to the /var/www/ and give it a permission by "chmod 777 index.html"