Hello,

I'm having an odd issue here with this Intel chipset and Kali,
When running it as the LiveCD the graphics run at the native resolution to this laptop at 1366x768. That is after holding the function key and pressing the left or right arrow for brightness so the LCD backlight comes on while running in LiveCD. Once running it is fine.
Kali Install can only be done while being in LiveCD since selecting Install and Graphical Install at the beginning locks up at the hardware even with the ethernet cable to the router on this laptop. Viewing Kali can only be done with this chipset this way. One after the install via LiveCD add a second monitor after the reboot since the backlight for the laptop LCD is not triggered. The external VGA monitor is always reconized. This allows one to edit Grub adding nomodeset in this line.
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet nomodeset" Once done the LCD backlight will then come on.
This now leads to my main issue, resolution. Xrandr in terminal shows only 1024x768 and 800x600 after the install but in the LiveCD operation I can show the 1366x768 as stated above. The starnge part is when I add the external monitor, it will show its proper resolution and the laptop will then show its proper resolution.
Apparently something gets dropped during the actual install. By itself, the laptop screen is not recongized and is marked as Unknown and will only run at 1024x768 or 800x600. Add the second monitor and it is reconized as Laptop along with my NEC monitor and the resolution is correct. Again, something is quite odd.
Is there a standard or generic driver for this Intel chipset? If not, how can I force Kali to run at the laptop's native resolution of 1366x768?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Tom