Hi, Im new to the forum and this is my first post.
Im just wondering if anyone knows the best VBox settings or Linux drivers or software to keep the processor strain and heat down. When I run scrips that by default use the whole processor the fans kick on right away and it starts warming up. It doesn't get real hot but Id rather keep my new laptop as cool as possible at all times.

In VBox Ive got 4cpu's, 4gb ram, VT-x/AMD-x, nested paging, PAE-nx and 100% exe cap. Video memory is maxed out. I had video memory around 80mb but it seems a little better with full.

I don't know how all the multithreading works and I don't know what scrips if any delegate workload the GPU if any. I really only use the command line in Kali and I know I can use processing options in most scripts but I want to use as much power as I can obviously. That also reminds me, whats up with programs that DO delegate GPU processing? If anyone has info on that, id love to hear it.

So if anyone else has a new retina macbook with Intel iris and VBox running a kali guest AND has it totally optimized, Id love to get some specs. Im ALWAYS looking specs on ANYTHING to make Kali run better and more efficiantly. Also, if I need some updated drivers or something I really want to know. Ive got finals to study for so I don't have time to super google it up right now so I apologize if this questions already well documented. I usually just find answers on my own but, aside from being short on free time, I thought I'd get an account here and do some posting, maybe make some buddies. Any help helps. Im not a linux beginner but Ive only been using Kali a couple months a few hours here and there and I'm always trying to fine tune vbox.

Ive got an i7 w/ 16gb ram and iris pro GPU w/ 1536mb. Like I said Ive got 4gb ram and 4 cpu's allocated for Kali but Im thinking maybe 6 cpu's... to reduce strain on the four.... unless theres a better driver kit or something from the repository or another one. I just got this laptop recently and I don't want a melty heat subjected lil processor in my board. Not just yet anyways. oh, also Im using a Rockland RAlink dongle that I got after several hours of unsuccessful Broadcom driver source code compiling. I was using AMD64 but now Im using the 32 version. I think I could make the broadcom work on 32 but theres no point since I got this way better dongle that I know for a fact supports monitoring and injection.

Thats it. Thanks for reading. Im looking forward to hearing how people are setting it up!! i'm also interested in building a custom ISO for my little ARM shield but Ill save that for after the semester. Thanks.