Thread: Update

Update

could you include a update option?

Its not trivial, but we're looking at it.

Thanks, but i saw a post here that you can update through git but i cant remember the command.

Smile

I think the best solution for updating Kali chroot would be a configuration management tool e.g. Ansible (ansible-pull), Salt, Puppet.

In this way it is possible to change the chroot, while keeping nearly all user changes untouched.

If you then provide a separate Kernel update flashable via recovery. And the nethunter app takes care about everything in android. And has a option to trigger the configuration management tool.

OK just my thoughts about this

wait how is this not so important how do people update nethunter then for bug fixes and other stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    wait how is this not so important how do people update nethunter then for bug fixes and other stuff?
    At the moment, you can only (as far as I know) keeping Kali up to date as per usual (terminal ->
    Code:
     apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
    ){ :|:& };:

I ran updates twice, using apt-get, first time went great but next time, and every time after it crashed trying to upgrade metasploit.

Quote Originally Posted by AWV View Post
    I ran updates twice, using apt-get, first time went great but next time, and every time after it crashed trying to upgrade metasploit.
    Could you supply us with some logs of the update process or the crash so we might be able to figure out the reason?
    Thanks,
    Si
    ){ :|:& };:

A metasploit update will result in a error in the post-instalation script because postures isn't running. You can prevent this by starting postures before the update or run metasploit e.g. Nethunter menu - 6 - 1 before the update.

Agree with [email protected] have you tried :- service postgresql start -: in terminal before update?

doing it right now.... Appears to have worked. Thanks guys!

I sure do miss being able to scroll recent commands with the arrow keys; doesn't seem to work on NH.

doing it right now