Thread: Problem installing Nvidia drivers

Problem installing Nvidia drivers

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me. I am having trouble installing the Nvidia drivers on my Kali Linux. I am running an Intel i-7 4790k with (2) EVGA GTX 970 SC cards in SLI. I am running Kali Linux 1.0.9 on a dual boot with Windows. I cannot seem to install the Nvidia drivers. I have followed the instructions exactly on http://www.blackmoreops.com/2014/06/...nvidia-driver/ , but every time after i reboot after installing the nvidia-xconfig I reboot and get the black screen with the blinking cursor. So I have to press Ctrl+F1 to log in and remove the xconfig file. When I do the glxinfo | grep -i "direct rendering" , I get an error screen. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Does it not like the SLI perhaps? I have tried nvidia-xconfig --multigpu=on and nvidia-xconfig --sli=on also, with no success. Everything brings me back to the black screen. I am also running dual monitors plugged into the same graphics card. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I would love to utilize the cuda cores to increase cracking speed. Thank you.

If your interested in increasing your cracking speed, try pyrit. After installing Nvidia try to use pyrit. On my system I can utilize cuda but still cannot use the nvidia-xconfig, but all cuda tools work fine. Message me back if you need the steps to get pyrit working for cracking.