I am new to Linux and have been wanting to learn pentesting.
I have been trying to install Kali on my Samsung Chromebook but failed in varying part.

I understand that there is no image to install Kali directly onto the HDD and single boot Kali at the moment (am I correct?).
I tried the recommended option of using the ARM image to create a USB and boot from it. This happens successfully only sporadically and then when Kali runs it is buggy, even when I try to run commands like apt-get update the command fails and says there was an error connecting to the repo. This was tried using the inbuilt card to connect to the Internet. The OS hangs or does not recognise the device when I plug in my Alfa AWUS036NHA adapter. Running apt-get to install the atheros firmware also failed. The OS then hangs and I need to reboot the system.

I tried installing Kali via Crouton as well (using - http://grephaxs.com/chromebook-insta...-with-crouton/). But again I have no control over my wireless adapter connected through the USB port. I can only use the network connected through the Chrome OS I cannot manage the network through Crouton. what use is using crouton for my purposes of learning pentesting?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated! I am really unsure of how to proceed or what to do.

Thank you in advance.!