I really hate posting questions, because I truly am a Linux Noob, but I have spent several hours searching and have turned up nada.

I am a long time Windows Admin and would really like to get some experience with Linux, specifically Kali, since I want to learn more about security and pen testing.

In my EDC, I have a USB drive that boots to Yumi, and on that drive I have many tools that I use all of the time. I added Kali to it today, and have started to play a bit, but I realized that even though I choose to boot w/ persistence, none of the changes I have made have stuck.

I know I can create a stand alone USB based on the how to's I have found here, but I would really like to incorporate this into my existing Yumi tool.

I found a guide on Youtube, and following that I have created a casper partition on my drive. In the video he edits an isolinux.cfg file to add the bits about persistence, but when I try to edit the isolinux.cfg file that I find, it does not contain the same info that his guide shows.

Anyway, if anyone has any wisdom to share with me on this subject, I would appreciate it. In the meantime I will continue to search for a solution.

Thanks!