Thread: double graphic driver install problem

double graphic driver install problem

My computer Hasse k560D-I7D2 . notebook with double graphic . HD 4600 and GTX850M

my problem is . it looks like we can't use GTX850M . It is default HD 4600 and can't be disabled in BIOS .

Could anyone can help with this problem ?

the followed was what i tried .

1. install GTX850 Driver . and can't be in gnome . so i rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf . then GTX 850 can't be workable .

2. i installed HD 4600 driver for linux .

thanks

Hi When123,

You have an optimus based laptop. This means you need to install the NVIDIA driver and also bumblebee which handles the switch between the NVIDIA 850M and HD 4600.

Follow the guide below. Read the first page and then follow the guide on post 25

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...nabled-Laptops

Edit: You may need the latest and greatest NVIDIA drivers to support that newer card, not the ones mentioned in the guide. I have not checked the change logs.
    chown -R us ./base

thanks , i followed the instructions and worked well . even it not very so convenience .

Quote Originally Posted by staticn0de View Post
    Hi When123,

You have an optimus based laptop. This means you need to install the NVIDIA driver and also bumblebee which handles the switch between the NVIDIA 850M and HD 4600.

Follow the guide below. Read the first page and then follow the guide on post 25

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...nabled-Laptops

Edit: You may need the latest and greatest NVIDIA drivers to support that newer card, not the ones mentioned in the guide. I have not checked the change logs.