Thread: OCLHashcat on MacbookPro through vmware

OCLHashcat on MacbookPro through vmware

Does anyone know how to get pyrit or OCLHashcat working with Intel graphics? Ive got a new macbook pro with Intel iris and Im running Kali in VMware with the Gallium driver and Ive also got an HP dv7 with Intel HD 3000 that has Kali on hard disk that is using Mesa i915 driver. Ive tried installing AMD Catalyst but no go. Ive tried forcing about everything, even Mesa experimental drivers but no dice. Im thinking it is impossible to do right now but I won't stop trying till someone tells me straight up. I want OpenCl !! Do I need to just build a desktop with a Nvidia GPU and move on?? Im getting 3000PMK's.... :-(

As your using a virtual machine, you don't have direct access to the hardware, including the GPU (just like the in-built wireless card).

This means you can't get hashcat to use your graphic card when in a virtual machine (e.g.vmware or virtualbox).
    You will need to use a Kali DVD/USB or install Kali on the MBP HDD direct.
    This is a Kali-Linux support forum - not general IT/infosec help.

Useful Commands: OS, Networking, Hardware, Wi-Fi
    Troubleshooting: Kali-Linux Installation, Repository, Wi-Fi Cards (Official Docs)
    Hardware: Recommended 802.11 Wireless Cards

Documentation: http://docs.kali.org/ (Offline PDF version)
    Bugs Reporting & Tool Requests: https://bugs.kali.org/
    Kali Tool List, Versions & Man Pages: https://tools.kali.org/

Yea, I realized right after i posted this this that virtual machines are only allocated a little bit of video memory. I did have it on the hard drive on my PC though and It was the exact same. I may be having an issue with possibly not having the switchable graphics chipset on my PC but come to think of it, when I install Kali on hard disk, it is told by grub my configuration anyways. On my HP Ive got a core i7. HP website swears it uses an Intel chipset and an ATI for 3D and boost. I re-installed windows on the HP and still can't get it to go past 2.2ghz. Its supposed to be able to do 3 something when pushed. I didn't really want to use any gpgpu stuff on my mac anyways, just cause its brand new, but I would like to drop clean, hashes on my PC and keep a big pyrit DB and everything on there. Hopefully Ill figure it out. Its an HP Pavillion Dv7-6c95dx Notebook born in may of 2012 in case anyone knows how to set it up. right now its using the Mesa i915 and glxgears is running at 40FPS!! I tried to do a pyrit batch on it and though it was gonna catch fire!! HaHa. If worse comes to worse Ill just buy the lowest priced desktop tower i can and put a good GPU in it. Im really excited about the gpucpu stuff. Thats why I want to use it so bad. Whats up with hashcat BTW?? Do I need to add a debian ppa so I can update My C libraries?? Mine says it needs libc6 version 2.14 but kali repos only have everything below that. They got the new Hashcat in the repos now but no C libs. Id already compiled oclhashcat a few days ago but it's missing dependencies too. At least I've still got set, aircrack, ettercap and msfconsole.:-)