Thread: win32-loader.ini error while installing kali

Angry win32-loader.ini error while installing kali

Does anyone know how to fix this? When i start setup and chose language,next what show me is "Cannot find win32-loader.ini" and i have it in my installation folder...
    Last edited by sickn3ss; 2015-01-07 at 21:55.

If you want people to assist you, you should start providing proper information. At this stage you are presenting us with an error and nothing more, please give us the proper details eg. which Kali arch are you installing, do the sums match, steps you too, is this a standalone / dual boot install etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nrn1911 View Post
    Does anyone know how to fix this? When i start setup and chose language,next what show me is "Cannot find win32-loader.ini" and i have it in my installation folder...
    Hi sickness,

I too am experiencing the problem.. This is the first time i have tried to install kali, so i do apologize if i have missed something simple, hopefully i will be able to seek advice here.

The issue for me, Is when you download the "Kali Linux 64 bit ISO" or "Kali Linux 32 bit ISO" How i have gone about extracting is using 2 different extracting software's.. (PowerISO and Power to go) Upon doing so, then clicking setup.exe you are greeted with the error massage immediately after choosing the language you wish to install with. How i have gone about extracting is using 2 different extracting software's.. (PowerISO and Power to go).

I have tried to do this on both a windows 2008 VPS and a personal windows 8 pro laptop. Both provide the message, I have checked the folder and the win32-loader.ini is directly below the setup file so im not sure why its saying "cannot find win32-loader.ini"

i have downloaded the armel version on the VPS, then use VMware player to run kali, i am met with HyperV error on that attempt!

As i say i apologize if i have missed something simple, Looking forward to getting it resolved. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

The win32-loader.ini that is currently in the folder has the following code (Not sure if this could give you a better picture of the problem)

[installer]
    kernel=linux
    arch=amd64
    default_desktop=gnome
    amd64/linux=install/vmlinuz
    amd64/initrd=install/initrd.gz
    amd64/gtk/linux=install/vmlinuz
    amd64/gtk/initrd=install/gtk/initrd.gz

[grub]
    g2ldr=g2ldr
    g2ldr.mbr=g2ldr.mbr

Look forward to hearing from you,
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrad51 View Post
    Hi sickness,

I too am experiencing the problem.. This is the first time i have tried to install kali, so i do apologize if i have missed something simple, hopefully i will be able to seek advice here.

The issue for me, Is when you download the "Kali Linux 64 bit ISO" or "Kali Linux 32 bit ISO" How i have gone about extracting is using 2 different extracting software's.. (PowerISO and Power to go) Upon doing so, then clicking setup.exe you are greeted with the error massage immediately after choosing the language you wish to install with. How i have gone about extracting is using 2 different extracting software's.. (PowerISO and Power to go).

I have tried to do this on both a windows 2008 VPS and a personal windows 8 pro laptop. Both provide the message, I have checked the folder and the win32-loader.ini is directly below the setup file so im not sure why its saying "cannot find win32-loader.ini"

i have downloaded the armel version on the VPS, then use VMware player to run kali, i am met with HyperV error on that attempt!

As i say i apologize if i have missed something simple, Looking forward to getting it resolved. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

The win32-loader.ini that is currently in the folder has the following code (Not sure if this could give you a better picture of the problem)

[installer]
    kernel=linux
    arch=amd64
    default_desktop=gnome
    amd64/linux=install/vmlinuz
    amd64/initrd=install/initrd.gz
    amd64/gtk/linux=install/vmlinuz
    amd64/gtk/initrd=install/gtk/initrd.gz

[grub]
    g2ldr=g2ldr
    g2ldr.mbr=g2ldr.mbr

Look forward to hearing from you,
    Thanks
    Please follow the official documentation when trying to install Kali, I am not entirely sure why you are extracting the contents of the ISO. As I don't know how exactly you are aiming to install Kali best I can suggest is pick the method that suits you and follow the guides from the following URL:

http://docs.kali.org/category/installation

Hey,

Upon completion of installing kali using Oracle VM Virtual Box Manager, I am presented with the following error.. i Have tried to post on their forums as the error says but i have to wait at-least 1 day before posting as a new registered user so was just curious if you have come across this before.

I am installing on a windows 2008 r2 standard VPS, the image i installed was the Kali Linux ARMEL Image and everything went fine during installation.

kali-error.jpg

Sorry to keep bothering you, professional advice is better than guessing i suppose

Thanks

Just in case you can not see image: http://postimg.org/image/4k52djx1j/