Thread: Kalimenu in 1.1

Kalimenu in 1.1

Flashed the new version onto my Nexus 7 2013 a few minutes ago. When you choose launch Kali menu in terminal it just takes you to a root@kali prompt. Typing kalimenu will launch the menu from there.

Anyone know how, if even possible, to edit the commands that the main menu sends? I'd like to fix this rather than wait for next version if possible.

https://github.com/offensive-securit...rFragment.java <-- android app

You can see that the android app just runs: su -c bootkali kalimenu

Bootkali is located in /system/bin/bootkali (you will need to remount rw system if you want to modify it).

What bootkali looks like: https://github.com/offensive-securit...m/bin/bootkali

Where the error is I couldn't tell you because it "should" be executing. It could be the the command is sent before your device has a chance to catch up.

When I try running bootkali on its own I get 'command not found'. kalimenu by itself brings up the menu. Kinda odd, not sure what that tells me but seems important...

Are you using the new app or the old web server bast solution?

The one from the main download page. I tried to install the apk after that but it said already installed.

This is sorted out. I was using the old launcher, new one works fine.

Is 1,1 only for Lolipop?

Or for 4.4.4 aswel?

4.4.4 . There is no release yet for 5.0

There are a few issues holding up lollipop. Android changed the routing/network functionality which disabled the way we did AP/NAT creation. Among other things.

Lollipop also added selinux enforcing but that's easier to get around. We have it running but it's limited in functionality at the moment.