Thread: Nethunter 1.1.0 on nexus 4 dont detect my external wifi

Nethunter 1.1.0 on nexus 4 dont detect my external wifi

So i just installed the new Nethunter on my Nexus 4 , and as oppose to previous versions,,it boots, but i have a problem with my external tplink wifi card, its not detected.
    The wifi adapter is not the problem it works on my nexus 7 2013.
    Is there anything i could do?

Hi jonathanxx1,

The Nexus 4 is a little different from the other devices in that the Nexus 4 canno't directly to provide enough power to power the external device. You need to use a y-cable with a battery pack or power outlet to provide the needed power. Here is the patch/explanation:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...b-otg-t2181820

Hope that helps. We do not have a Nexus 4 so we rely on your feedback and others to let us know if something isn't working. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by binkybear View Post
    Hi jonathanxx1,

The Nexus 4 is a little different from the other devices in that the Nexus 4 canno't directly to provide enough power to power the external device. You need to use a y-cable with a battery pack or power outlet to provide the needed power. Here is the patch/explanation:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...b-otg-t2181820

Hope that helps. We do not have a Nexus 4 so we rely on your feedback and others to let us know if something isn't working. Thanks for your help.
    Hi binky,
    Thanks for your reply, but based on the thread you linked me i flashed the latest otg fix for nexus 4 (the aosp one since im on stock 4.4.4)
    But at the reboot i totally lost wifi usage.
    At this point im not sure that the Nexus 4 have a use for Nethunter, i probably will flash the stock lollipop factory image and will keep using Nethunter on my nexus 7 2013 wifi tablet.
    Anyway thanks for Nethunter , its fantastic.
    Hope this project will go on for a long time.
    I could help translating the nethunter launcher in french btw.

Hi jonathanxx1, if you would like to help translating the app you can do so here: http://ackuna.com/translate-/nethunter-application/.
    Best Regards,
    Si
    ){ :|:& };:

Hello everyone. Juste like jonathanxx1 thé patch proposed causes problems with wifi... Its really sad.
    Indeed i could have some fun with it and more partoculary with linux déploy.
    In future releases light you fix this issue ?

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble with my alfa card and my NEXUS 4 with net hunter. it doesn't recognize my awus0036nh even if its connected with a "Y" OTG cable. I can see the led on the ALFA card but it doesn't blink like it usually does. I would be really appreciated if someone could help me with this issue; Thanks