Thread: Building Nethunter from source with custom kernel?

Building Nethunter from source with custom kernel?

Is there a possibility to use a custom kernel in the .build-script for Nethunter? I want to replace the stock kernel with this one just for testing if it works on android 5.0.1: https://github.com/discipuloosho/ElementalX-Nethunter.
    I know that i would need FROZENKERNEL=1 but how about LOCALGIT?

Install it after nethunter via fastboot:
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...LollipopKernel
    Last edited by discipuloosho; 2015-01-15 at 22:34.

First I installed the Kernel via Fastboot after i flashed my own rootfs-build from source which brought my phone into a bootloop. After i reflashed stock 5.0.1 i flashed the official nethunter 1.1.0 which also ended with a bootloop.
    Then i managed to get into Fastboot with Nethunter still installed and flashed the kernel which then let me boot normaly. But i get lots of random reboots and can't get the Elementalx app to work: "Elementalx" has stopped.
    I'm also unable to restore backups because of the reboots which occur everytime i want to restore the data. The old Flashable zip from you worked btw, but it had less features.

I'm working on new ElementalX kernel, in the maintime you must install @binkybear Lollipop Nethunter kernel. When ElementalX-Nethunter is ready, i announce.
    The initial ElementalX kernel i set max cpu frequency to 2956Mhz, but device overheated and reboot. When i upload new kernel version will be stable. See you.
    Last edited by discipuloosho; 2015-02-14 at 13:48.

5. Quote Originally Posted by discipuloosho View Post
    Install it after nethunter via fastboot
    This kernel require to be installed in flashable zip via TWRP.Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by soluck9x View Post
    This kernel require to be installed in flashable zip via TWRP.Good luck
    New version:

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...LollipopKernel

make
    CHK include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h
    CHK include/generated/utsrelease.h
    make[1]: `include/generated/mach-types.h' is up to date.
    CC kernel/bounds.s
    /root/arm-stuff/kali-nethunter/toolchain/bin/arm-eabi-gcc -Wp,-MD,kernel/.bounds.s.d -nostdinc -isystem /root/arm-stuff/kali-nethunter/toolchain/bin/arm-eabi-gcc -print-file-name=include [Errno 8] Exec format error -I/root/arm-stuff/kali-nethunter/yureka/arch/arm/include -Iarch/arm/include/generated -Iinclude -I/root/arm-stuff/kali-nethunter/yureka/arch/arm/include/uapi -Iarch/arm/include/generated/uapi -I/root/arm-stuff/kali-nethunter/yureka/include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi -include /root/arm-stuff/kali-nethunter/yureka/include/linux/kconfig.h -D__KERNEL__ -mlittle-endian -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -O2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mapcs -mno-sched-prolog -fstack-protector -mabi=apcs-gnu -D__LINUX_ARM_ARCH__=7 -march=armv5t -Wa,-march=armv7-a -msoft-float -Uarm -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -g -pg -DKBUILD_STR(s)=#s -DKBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(bounds) -DKBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(bounds) -fverbose-asm -S -o kernel/bounds.s kernel/bounds.c [Errno 8] Exec format error
    make[1]: *** [kernel/bounds.s] Error 8
    make: *** [prepare0] Error 2

help plzzz

Quote Originally Posted by discipuloosho View Post
    What I saw there changed much anyway?