Thread: Nethunter update

Nethunter update

Guys,

What is the most optimal way to update NetHunter binaries? I found Kali binaries oudated and again v1.10 is issued, so what do you do to keep it up-to-date?

In the kali launcher there is the update kali chroot, but i guess you could do the same by launching a kali shell and typing sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanxx1 View Post
    In the kali launcher there is the update kali chroot, but i guess you could do the same by launching a kali shell and typing sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade.
    you are right, apt-get works fine. But that's exactly what I found that bootkali is outdated - when I compared mine and on github they are completely different. Apt-get does not fetch NetHunter binaries.

guys using apt-get update only updates kali not nethunter it self, if you want to update nethunter you have to re flash it.

Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    guys using apt-get update only updates kali not nethunter it self, if you want to update nethunter you have to re flash it.
    Your right but other than if you compile it yourself all you can do between official Nethunter release is keeping kali updated .

Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    Not the best option though. That way I upgraded to v1.10 - I used TWRP to install NetHunter from .zip. However I lost all customizations, OpenVAS etc. That's why I look for alternatives.

Flashed v1.10 have 1.02 and 1.10 on nexus now :-/ oh well

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanxx1 View Post
    I have Nethunter on a Nexus 7 device. When I try to use apt-get in kali terminal I get an error.

"tmp-mksh: apt-get not found"
    How do I install apt-get on Nethunter?
    Thanks