Thread: VPN setup

Question VPN setup

Anyone willing to do a little write up on how to use the VPN on the Kali menu?

Have you tried setting up a vpn server using kali menu? I wrote it but I only tested it it locally, I would love to see someone else try it out.

You should be able to hit [7] -> [1] (enter a thousand times). Then generate the client keys [2] so you can connect to server (use IP of VPN server which would be your phones local/public IP). Export the keys to /sdcard [3] and you can import into openvpn.

Start the VPN server under services in kalimenu. Then on client you should be able to vpn into android phone.

Hmmmm.... I didn't realize it was a VPN SERVER.... thought it was a client and didn't mess with it since I was afraid of hosing my existing client. I'll mess with it more soon.

If you are looking to connect there a lot of free android apps which might make it easier than trying to connect through command line like:
    https://f-droid.org/repository/brows...blinkt.openvpn

this tutorial helped me alot.
    http://www.blackmoreops.com/2014/06/...pn-kali-linux/

plus I've used forkali script too which helps to automate the process in case you're in hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by binkybear View Post
    Have you tried setting up a vpn server using kali menu? I wrote it but I only tested it it locally, I would love to see someone else try it out.

You should be able to hit [7] -> [1] (enter a thousand times). Then generate the client keys [2] so you can connect to server (use IP of VPN server which would be your phones local/public IP). Export the keys to /sdcard [3] and you can import into openvpn.
    Start the VPN server under services in kalimenu. Then on client you should be able to vpn into android phone.
    Thanks