Thread: Error while Installing Kali from disc, network setup fails

Error while Installing Kali from disc, network setup fails

Dear members. I am new to this forum, and new to Linux. I have been reading a lot about Kali Linux, and it fascinates me. That is why I wanted to install Kali, to learn about it, and to play with it.
    While going through the steps of the installation, I get an error message while on the networking step.

I know I am using the correct wifi password, so what is the problem?

I assume I'm the only one who has this error then? Is it possible that the ISO that is on the Kali website is corrupt? Or is there any place where I can download a previous build of Kali?

It looks like Kali has issues using your wireless card. Try connecting to a wired network during the install, or alternatively - do a networkless install and fix up your source.list after you're done.

Thank you Muts.

I had a similar issue installing on my Asus Eee 1005P netbook. While on the (64-bit) live system, I used my USB dongle (AR9271) without a problem. When I ran the installer, it didn't work. Ditto for the stock Atheros UB93 mini-PCIe card.

I've heard of issues with the live system interfering with the installer with a possible workaround to disconnect from the network on the live system and disable NetworkManager. I guess the installer uses standard ifup/down stuff that NetworkManager doesn't like. (Perhaps the installer could/should disable NetworkManager automagically before running to avoid this?)

I just skipped the network and package config portions to install. Something else to note is that after clicking "Go Back" from the package manager configuration (in the graphical install), it went to the "Debian installer main menu" window but took 60+ seconds to load the listbox to let me select the next step. Just FYI.

Anyway, after install, both adapters worked fine. Previously, I circumvented this by just using a wired connection.