Thread: Silverlight for Kali?

Question Silverlight for Kali?

I think title says it all?

And yes i know Kali Linux is a protection OS based system, but is it possible to install Silverlight on this OS? Even when its based on Windows? Silverlight i mean...

The thing is that i HAVE installed Wine AND Netflix browser via the application adder/software adder... i just really would like to have Netflix on my laptop when im on the move on a train etc, and all i get told of with Iceweasel is that Netflix HAS to detect Silverlight on the laptop/computer.
    Hope anyone can help me out? :P

Thanks alot in advance!
    And yes, its been a while but im slowly coming back into myself again!
    - Hyperion

Not sure Silverlight is officially supported for Linux, only Windows and OS X. If all you want to do is watch Netflix, I believe people have had success with things like Pipelight.
    OSCP
    --
    If it smells like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck; then it probably is a duck.

Pipelight? I will look into this.. possible to DL this from the software adder or does it only exist online?
    It's not really "needed"... i just need it for the long distance work i do when i sit in a train etc that takes about 5-6 hours over there and back.. annoying as **** -.-'

But thanks!

If you're using Kali as your main OS and still need to use windows applications, I'd reccomend you setup a windows virtual environment using Virtualbox.
    If you do the above you wont break your Kali OS and you'll also have a fully functional windows OS, you'll also be able to use both systems at the same time :-).

Hmm... true, i would just hate to go through so much for one simple thing. I do have alot of OS's installed on tons of computers in my own home, including Windows 7 on... well.. all of them :P

The only reason i wanted it to be on this specific laptop was i travel with that specific laptop to the companies i run security with