Thread: Growing list of issues since Duel Boot!

Angry Growing list of issues since Duel Boot!

So I've ran kali for ages on my laptop duelbooted with windows 7, no problems at all. I decided to duelboot it on this computer a few days ago. I have the exact same version of windows 7 ultimate on both computers, the only difference is i'm using an older version of kali on my laptop and I'm using the latest iso for Kali on this computer. Once i installed my grub window shows when i boot up, Kali boots fine, however windows 7 just goes to a blinking prompt and never boots if i select windows. However, if i place the windows 7 cd in my tray and reboot, i boot straight into my windows parition with no problems. It bypasses grub and goes straight to windows. This is VERY annoying obviously as I don't care to have to put the windows cd in the tray everytime i wish to boot back to windows.

My second MAJOR issue with Kali, my screen is larger then my monitor. The menu bar as well as the taskbar are both off the screen and barely visible making it near impossible to click anything. I thought maybe this was a driver issue so i attempted to install the AMD Catalyst drivers for my card. However upon attempting to install them I'm met with the following error:

Code:
    Supported adapter detected.
    Check if system has the tools required for installation.
    fglrx installation requires that the system have kernel headers for 3.7 release.  /lib/modules/3.14-kali1-amd64/build/include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h cannot be found on this system.
    One or more tools required for installation cannot be found on the system. Install the required tools before installing the fglrx driver.
    Optionally, run the installer with --force option to install without the tools.
    Forcing install will disable AMD hardware acceleration and may make your system unstable. Not recommended.
    There are a few other issues I'm running into, however i believe i can fix them myself. These 2 MAJOR issues however, i have absolutely no idea how to fix as I've been working on fixing the 2 of them for going on 33 hours striaght now. Any and all help would be amazing. If these issues are posted elsewhere with a resolution, my appologies for posting them here, please simply direct me to that thread as I've been unable to find them

Check out blackmore ops for amd software installation. Worked for me!
    #1 Rule: ALWAYS check SH1!