Hello and I wonder if you could give me some pointers, I've installed KALI 1.0.9a but then I wanted to install Bind & Krb5 on the Local LAN and that's pretty much when the fun started!

It said as I pulled in and installed Bind that I was overriding a load of LSB Override's, meh, I digress it came out of the wheezy Repository so I'm kind of a little confused as to what went wrong and where.

After setting up Bind && Updating apache, because the version in the "Wheezy" repo at the time of writting this article was newer than the one in the KALI repo, an I was given to understand that you guys are using the Debian Repo's anyway, so maybe it's just my own stupidity in believing you can just cross compile out of one repo to the other? Please let me know if thats the case!?

After spending 25 minutes programming in all the gubbin's to make Bind start-up it rewarded me by telling me it wouldnt start!

Is that just a Bind CVE thats gone un-reported until now? Or are you guys using something funky like App_Armor? Or some kind of PAX control? Only asking because the tool's out of your repository where all working fine, but when I checked the system-v init's I noticed that my apps I had pulled out of the Debian repositories where assigned a hash-string rather than the name of the application. So im kind of just spit balling here, that I must be missing something.

Thanks for any helpful advice you can offer as to how I can get Bind up & running!