Thread: Kali Linux Update Failure

Question Kali Linux Update Failure

Hi, not sure what the problem is but i have re-installed Kali linux on my laptop last night and tried to update it to latest version this morning, i got this error after all of the updates were downloaded and it tried to install manually:

trying to overwrite '/usr/share/openvas/openvas-lsc-rpm-creator.sh', which is also in package libopenvas5 5.0.4-1kali0

Any ideas what's wrong? Could use the help x)
    Thanks!

@Hyperion - most probably it's related to space available on your disk. Use df -h to check free space available.

For cleaning you can also use "apt-get autoclean" - Erase old downloaded archive files and "apt-get clean" - Erase downloaded archive files. In Kali you can also free up space by deleting files in /var/cache/apt/archives - you will find here lots of install archives, especially if you recently tried to update to the latest version.

P.S. You can use apt-get -f to attempt to correct a system with broken dependencies in place.

Sorry for late reply, been on vecation most of last week due to depression (lol). I tried your way, i have about 700GB available space, so i doubt somehow i will be needing anymore space for the time being :P

I did try to use "apt-get -f" as you said, but i got nothing really, just a shortcut-list that shows me how to use the "apt-get", any other ideas Oo?

I have 8GB Ram, but i doubt that has something to do with the whole thing x)

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Sorry for late reply, been on vecation most of last week due to depression (lol). I tried your way, i have about 700GB available space, so i doubt somehow i will be needing anymore space for the time being :P

I did try to use "apt-get -f" as you said, but i got nothing really, just a shortcut-list that shows me how to use the "apt-get", any other ideas Oo?

I have 8GB Ram, but i doubt that has something to do with the whole thing x)

Thanks again!
    You need to write install.

Full command is apt-get -f install