Thread: Cuckoo Sandbox

Cuckoo Sandbox

Has anyone installed/configured Cuckoo Sandbox successfully? Been searching all day and I all I can find is installing in Ubuntu. I see that it is suppose to be in the kali-Linux-forensic metapackage, which I installed but doesn't seem to install. No config files are installed either. There is some great documentation on http://www.cuckoosandbox.org, just want to make sure it won't break anything in kali.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N0_oN3 View Post
    Has anyone installed/configured Cuckoo Sandbox successfully? Been searching all day and I all I can find is installing in Ubuntu. I see that it is suppose to be in the kali-Linux-forensic metapackage, which I installed but doesn't seem to install. No config files are installed either. There is some great documentation on http://www.cuckoosandbox.org, just want to make sure it won't break anything in kali.

Thanks
    root@T3pe:~/Desktop/BBOx/cuckoo# pip insatll requirements.txtUsage: pip COMMAND [OPTIONS]

pip: error: No command by the name pip insatll
    (maybe you meant "pip install requirements.txt")
    root@T3pe:~/Desktop/BBOx/cuckoo# pip install requirements.txt
    Downloading/unpacking requirements.txt
    Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement requirements.txt
    No distributions at all found for requirements.txt
    Storing complete log in /root/.pip/pip.log
    root@T3pe:~/Desktop/BBOx/cuckoo# python cuckoo.py

_
    ____ _ _ ____| | _ ___ ___
    / ___) | | |/ ___) |_/ ) _ \ / _ \
    ( (___| |_| ( (___| _ ( |_| | |_| |
    \____)____/ \____)_| \_)___/ \___/

Cuckoo Sandbox 1.2
    www.cuckoosandbox.org
    Copyright (c) 2010-2015

Checking for updates...
    Good! You have the latest version available.

2015-05-24 18:55:34,388 [root] CRITICAL: CuckooCriticalError: Unable to bind ResultServer on 192.168.56.1:2042: [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address
    root@T3pe:~/Desktop/BBOx/cuckoo#

seems to bee easy to install them and there is solution

Unable to bind result server error

At Cuckoo startup if you get an error message like this one:

2014-01-07 18:42:12,686 [root] CRITICAL: CuckooCriticalError: Unable to bind result server on 192.168.56.1:2042: [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address

It means that Cuckoo is unable to start the result server on the IP address written in cuckoo.conf (or in machinery.conf if you are using the resultserver_ip option inside). This usually happen when you start Cuckoo without bringing up the virtual interface associated with the result server IP address. You can bring it up manually, it depends from one virtualization software to another, but if you don't know how to do, a good trick is to manually start and stop an analysis virtual machine, this will bring virtual networking up

but me to dumm to manualy start something need edit some thing in there so please share if some one done that correct

found something about that http://www.edwiget.name/2012/07/inst...ware-analysis/
    Last edited by OsBinHD; 2015-05-24 at 18:50.

Actually I tried installing in Kali too, but I couldn't. The problem is that Kali 2.0 headers does not contain many dependencies that are required for cuckoo to run. So, I shifted to Debian 8.0. However, Kali is also being a debian I guess you can give a debian network mirror such as debianmirror.nkn.in, ftp.iitm.ac.in so on. By using these network mirrors you can download all the dependencies. My personal choice would be debianmirror.nkn.in I have some great documentation other than the one found at cuckoosandbox.org. Kindly mail me @ [email protected] and I will send you the documentation.

Hi all.. I have a problem that I need to generate report in PDF format. it should include all the information shown in the web dashboard. it is possible with cuckoo sandbox ? how can I go this ? Attachment 1511