Thread: After Update, Now 2 Linux Kernals

After Update, Now 2 Linux Kernals

Ok guys, i'm new here. I've messed with Kali linux a decent bit before. I recently had got a new SSD over christmas & did a full reinstall of Windows 7 & then Kali linux & configured it to dual boot.

I was reading some stuff today & saw a new update was released & wanted to figure out how to do that. A quick google search told me apt-get dist-upgrade.

Ran that & it seems everything updated successfully. However now my bootloader shows 2 linux kernals. How can I delete or get rid of 3.14 kernal? I am confused as well. Is there space being taken up by that 3.14 kernal or no? I only ask because it's only a 256GB SSD so space is very limited. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Figured it out here. Incase anyone wants to know how to get rid of listings for old kernels. Of note though it does say once you build this custom grub loader, that NEW kernels updated afterwards will not automatically appear like this one did. You will need to rebuild the custom grub loader each time, though Kali updates are usually spaced apart pretty well so it's not too b

https://linuxnorth.wordpress.com/201...ub2-revisited/