Thread: Suggestions from a rank amateur.

Suggestions from a rank amateur.

I think what a lot people where hoping for when they first heard about Kali Nethunter was a phone/tablet version on a Nexus device that would look and feel like Kali on a laptop/desktop. Therefore:

How about a desktop, such as Gnome, so users can work with something they are instantly familiar with?

How about, in the menus where options are typically numbered, the Nexus soft-keyboard defaults to showing the number keys instead of the letter keys?

How about Kali Nethunter being shown on the notification bar? (zANTI2 does)

How about NetHunter applications being shown in the notifications bar when they run? (airmon-ng for example).

How about, in the home screen, the menu is shown by default?

How about some code on the menu screens to handle invalid input from the user (for example the user accidentally entering invalid input such as '1)' when they just meant the '1' key)?

How about using '0' (zero) as the standard option on every menu to take the user back to the preceding menu?

NB: I noticed that if you plug a mouse into your Nexus 7 then Kali NetHunter will not toggle the soft-keyboard - that issue needs addressing.

My input:
    1: There is a desktop, you can VNC into it.
    2: That could be easy to implement.
    3: Not sure what that would really DO for anyone. Some people (me) hate to have anything cluttering up the notification area.
    4: That isn't really feasible given the way that NetHunter runs.
    5: Could look into that
    6: I could probably do that, however it won't try to assume you meant '1' when you type '1;'. It will just tell you if the input is invalid.
    7: Not sure what you're referring to here, as all of the options use '0' to go back.
    8: That is probably because of the mouse you used. If the mouse has extra keys (gaming or 'professional' mice) Android recognizes it as a keyboard and mouse. Either way, this has to do with Android, not NetHunter.

Quote Originally Posted by photonicgeek View Post
    My input:
    1: There is a desktop, you can VNC into it.
    2: That could be easy to implement.
    3: Not sure what that would really DO for anyone. Some people (me) hate to have anything cluttering up the notification area.
    4: That isn't really feasible given the way that NetHunter runs.
    5: Could look into that
    6: I could probably do that, however it won't try to assume you meant '1' when you type '1;'. It will just tell you if the input is invalid.
    7: Not sure what you're referring to here, as all of the options use '0' to go back.
    8: That is probably because of the mouse you used. If the mouse has extra keys (gaming or 'professional' mice) Android recognizes it as a keyboard and mouse. Either way, this has to do with Android, not NetHunter.
    See, I said I was a rank amateur!

(1) Got the VNC working, thanks. Could a 'Launch Kali Desktop' option be added on the Launcher menu? (Though to honest I found it wasn't running quickly at all).

(7) I thought I found a screen where the only way back was to close the close the window. I might be wrong. I'll see if I can find it again.

I've fixed the issue regarding the keyboard and mouse. Here's what to do if anyone gets this problem on their Nexus 7 (mines a 2012):

(a) Go to Playstore and install the Hacker's Keyboard.
    (b) Go into Settings > Language & Input > KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS > Default
    (c) Select Hacker's Keyboard.

You should now be able to use a normal USB bluetooth mouse for pointing and clicking and the Hacker's Keyboard for input.

(The Hacker's Keyboard is a far superior keyboard to the default Google keyboard as it has all the keys your laptop or desktop keyboard has).

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by factgasm; 2015-02-16 at 09:26.