Thread: Kernel Headers for Nethunter (Nexus 5 4.4.4)

Kernel Headers for Nethunter (Nexus 5 4.4.4)

Trying to figure out how to use apt-get or aptitude to download the kernel headers for Nethunter so I can build a driver for my usb, WUSB6300. My device uses the rtl8812 driver, I have successfully built the driver for Kali, yet whenever I aptitude -r install linux-headers-$(uname -r) from a Kali rootfs shell or VNC session I get a linux-headers-3.4.95-furnace-1.3.6 error saying no package with that name found.

Drivers have to be built for Android kernel so updating linux-headers will not work. If you are interested in building kernels, then you could use this repository: https://github.com/binkybear/furnace...lge_hammerhead. It's a bit of learning though if you've never made a kernel before.

Kernel Headers files must be built by hand. After compile kernel you must do:

user@yourcomputer:~/YOUR_KERNEL_SOURCE#make headers_install CROSS_COMPILE=$path-your-cross-compiler ARCH=arm SUBARCH=arm INSTALL_HDR_PATH=$local-folder/

after adb push $local-folder/include/* into /data/local/kali-armhf/usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r)/include/

Quote Originally Posted by discipuloosho View Post
    Kernel Headers files must be built by hand. After compile kernel you must do:

user@yourcomputer:~/YOUR_KERNEL_SOURCE#make headers_install CROSS_COMPILE=$path-your-cross-compiler ARCH=arm SUBARCH=arm INSTALL_HDR_PATH=$local-folder/

after adb push $local-folder/include/* into /data/local/kali-armhf/usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r)/include/
    +++++++++++++++Edit++++++++++++++++
    Because kernel has load/unload modules support, perhaps you can buit it as module. ok
    ++++++edit again ++++++
    perhaps you could have problems with SELinux.
    Last edited by discipuloosho; 2015-02-27 at 02:59.

Try photonicgeek kernel for you phone
    You need to reinstall busybox and supersu and nethunter
    You might need to ad a sysbolic link to your nethunter setup.
    ls -s /system/etc/firmware /etc/firmware
    and bring wlan1 up (as super user (su command in terminal) in the android terminal not kali terminal).
    Reboot phone and start nethunter should then work.
    Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 2012 other harware Odroid U2, PI 2 running kali, Kali on Ironkey and laptop and server