I am a novice user on most linux and ubuntu os. Been using Kali Linux for almost a year now. But still having problems with my Broadcom Wireless Card BCM4311 on my (HP) Compaq Presario V6000. When it was Windows Xp originally, it decided to go out. I had disabled it, uninstalled it from the hardware device manager, and rebooted the laptop and it worked for a short period. I also had a munufacter problem with the display showing color problems, turning pink and had a line through the screen. I eventually stopped using the laptop for some number of years cause i had bought a few others over the course of time. So once i started having some issues with the others i decided to go back into the closet to get the laptop out. I then decided to reformat it to Windows 7 and update the Graphics card and got it to work, but it would act up every now and then. So i said screw it and replaced it with Kali. That ended up fixing my graphics issue. But still nothing on the wireless card. I updated the Bios using Bart PE and winPHLASH and the exe setup. Still nothing. I had tried installing and reinstalling b43-fwcutter, as well as some others. I have seen a suggestion for bcmwl-kernel-source but i get no candidate in the terminal. i have updated, upgraded, and dist-upgrade, updated grub and kernel and still nothing. Im Currently using 3.18.0-kali1-686-pae. i have played around with the blacklisting and modprobs, and the rfkill unblock. nothing.. please help.. There has to be some kind of way to make it work. Im using a Ralink usb card, but it isnt mine. im just borrowing it to fix this **** thing..