Thread: Nexus 7 and other devices

Nexus 7 and other devices

I am running Kali as a VM within Windows and I have to say that I LOVE this distribution. I find it very sleek, quick, and less bloated.

Is there any plans to get an ARM version working the Nexus 7 and other devices? Ones where I can run it in a VNC and can have access to the Metasploit framework on my tablet?

Since a nexus 7 can run ubuntu touch, i'd imagine building kali for one would be fairly straightforward, assuming you can interface with it. (bt, touch.)

Hypothetically, we should be able to use one of the images currently out for any of the arm devices. If we can figure out a way to mount the image. I've been trying, tried both with the rasberry pi one and the ss808, both show mounting errors as if I'm using the wrong FS? Thought it was ext4. If I can ever manage to get it to mount, I'll post a script for Android.

For rasp pi and SS808, I've had consistent success with win32diskimager.

I just copied over to a mountable ext4 volume. Can be found here: https://www.cubby.com/pl/kaliarm_mod...969053cb15c71c

I also wrote up a tutorial and custom scripts for the DNA, modified from BT5. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2194237. Should work the same. Try it. Let me know if it works for ya'll.

I am also interested in this. I would very much prefer a native boot rather than a chroot solution, as programs that require direct access to hardware (aircrack, reaver, bluesnarfing, etc) won't work in a chroot.

Well, if you have a Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy Note, aircrack works pretty well with chroot.

Quote Originally Posted by expphoto View Post
    Hypothetically, we should be able to use one of the images currently out for any of the arm devices. If we can figure out a way to mount the image. I've been trying, tried both with the rasberry pi one and the ss808, both show mounting errors as if I'm using the wrong FS? Thought it was ext4. If I can ever manage to get it to mount, I'll post a script for Android.

Why wouldn't you use the Galaxy Note 10.1 image?