Hi, I recently installed Kali Linux 1.1.0 64-bit onto my ASUS Eee 1225B Netbook. Everything other than my issue works normal and fine. But unfortunately, unlike previous installations (All previous Kali Linux versions), Setting the TXPOWER for my WiFi Adapter (ALFA AWUS036NEH) to BO (Bolivia) completely doesn't work. The Terminal Bashes I used were: "ifconfig wlan0 down" >> "iw reg set BO" >> "iwconfig wlan0 txpower 30">> "ifconfig wlan0 up".

It seems a little strange because I can still set TXPOWER to US without any issues what-so-ever, but as you all know US TXPOWER is nothing compared to BO TXPOWER. It's becoming an issue because I use my long range wireless adapter every day for penetration testing and I often use Bolivian TXPOWER settings.

So my question(s) to you is: Am I missing anything, or has something on the distribution changed since the last iteration was released? Is there any way around this other than permanently changing TXPOWER with nano db.txt and other methods?

At this stage I'm not prepared to edit any files to set my transmit power higher. I'm assuming it's just a bug found somewhere in the new Kali release, if not my hardware. If so could anyone shed some light on what's going on and if there's a simple solution.

Any help is greatly appreciated!